Honey Oat Banana Muffins
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup white flour
1/2 cup oatmeal
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup honey
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine flour, oatmeal, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
3. In a standing mixer combine the 3 bananas, honey, oil, vanilla and egg. Beat until combined and bananas are mashed.
4. Gently mix in the dry ingredients in 3 stages until just combined. Do not over-mix.
5. Grease or line muffin cups and fill 3/4 full with the mixture.
6. Bake 20 for regular muffin cups or until a toothpick comes out clean.
7. Cool and enjoy.
I know, I know! Another banana muffin? Well yes indeed - and this one includes heart healthy oats and honey. Plus bananas are pretty perfect from nutritional perspective. Bake up a batch this weekend!
Linking up today over at Townsend House!