I'll admit it, I enjoy Valentine's Day, especially now that I have THREE Valentines (my hubby and my two girls). The kids love this holiday and enjoy handing out cards to all their friends. Sydney's party was yesterday and she had so much fun! She spent about an hour going through all her loot. She got several creative cards, our favorite was the little mouse below, adorable! I was also pretty happy that most parents opted to gift pencils, silly bands and stickers instead of candy...although she was excited to score a lollipop.
I also made some special treats for today, which I plan on surprising them with after school. These Chocolate Muffins from Weelicious couldn't have been easier - I did cut the sugar to 1/3 of a cup but they are still deliciously sweet and have a wonderful chocolate flavor! In past years we've made these Raspberry Cream Cheese Heart Tarts, also delicious!
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1. Preheat the oven to 400° F. Grease 12 regular or 24 mini muffin tins.
- 2. In a medium bowl, sift flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- 3. In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, oil, and the egg. Add the dry ingredients and stir just until combined.
- 4. Fill the muffin cups 2/3 full.
- 5. Bake 18 – 22 minutes (8-10 minutes for mini muffins), or until a wooden pick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Finally, I'll leave you with the card I got from one of my favorite shops that I so lovingly gifted my hubby with! You know I'm a retro fan...he loved it by the way!
Check out all the goodies over at Lucy's Art Emporium!
Linking up at Townsend House today! Have a great day!